[OM] Re: Decision to switch systems.

Subject: [OM] Re: Decision to switch systems.
From: "Marc Lawrence" <MLawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 22:08:34 +1100
> Allan Mee wrote:
> Yeah knew C?non had such a thing [...] It looked like a nice
> little toy to have a play with at a price that wouldn't
> cripple if got stuck with it and couldn't sell it on if not
> happy with it.

I believe it came in on the 5(E?)/A2E, and also the 50E/Elan IIE, and
was also available on its successor, the EOS 30/7E. It was
available on the 3 to, which had 170 kajillion AF points (okay,
45, but it's still a lot :-)).

You were never stuck with it - the cameras, and their AF points,
worked as per the non ECF (Eye Control Focus) AF siblings if you
switched it off.

Oh, you also "trained" it for your eye.

(I own a 50E, but never much used its ECF. Some people swore by
it, particularly on the 3, though I believe some swore *at* it
too. The 50E cost an extra $50 over the 50 at the time I bought
it new, so it wasn't exactly hard for the salesman to "up-sell")

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz