[OM] Re: My RSE settings for Candace

Subject: [OM] Re: My RSE settings for Candace
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:54:35 -0600
 Hi AG :-)

    I updated to RSE2006 (should I uninstall 2005?). I set my setting to the
same as yours. Thank you so much for taking the time to post them. The
imagesdefinitely don't appear flat anymore. :-)
    I'm still just as happy with the SHQ jpeg, tho. There must be something
wrong with me! If you'd like to see one image, 3 versions, (original jpeg,
raw conversion,  jpeg  with curves and saturation applied) it can be seen
here:
http://candace3122.smugmug.com/gallery/2032510/1/105387659[1]

    Thank you for your help, I appreciate it!
    Candace
    *Warning* in the same gallery, if you go backwards, there are several
pictures of a beautiful almost naked **39 week pregnant** woman. :-)

AG Schnozz wrote: Ok, here goes--these are for RSE 2006. Click down-arrow
next to the green ball (upper-left of screen) and select preferences. Of
interest is the "Bypass color management (Expert option). I have this
unchecked. If you click the down-arrow next to the green ball button again,
select Processing Parameters. Until you've developed your own baseline
settings, have them all centered, except for the bottom five. My Sharpening
bias is -27, Detail extraction is -13, and the noise suppressions are all 0.
Now, goto the Batch convert tab. The Camera profile is "Internal (Olympus
E-1)". Depending on the project, I'll use the OlyColy profile of "Olympus
E-1(RSE) V2a". Usually not, but when I want the colors to jump without a lot
of playing around, I'll select this. Unfortunately other profiles tend to
skew the color balance when down an Auto WB in RSE. My RGB working space is
usually "sRGB IEC61966-2.1" although on occasion I'll use "Adobe RGB". I use
the built-in screen on my laptop, which happens to be awesome for image
editing, and I do have under the Color Management of the monitor both
"AdobeRGB1998" and "sRGB Color Space Profile" associated with the device.
ThesRGB is set as my default. In Photoshop Elements 3 I have the Color
Settings (Edit, Color Settings) usually set to "Full Color Management". AG _