[OM] Re: NEW RAW PROCESSING SOFTWARE - SIMPLY AWESOME !!!

Subject: [OM] Re: NEW RAW PROCESSING SOFTWARE - SIMPLY AWESOME !!!
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 07:37:30 -0500
Chris Barker wrote:
> Paul
>
> You might want to try something called Crossover first (http://
> www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/)
>
> It runs Windoze applications without Windoze ...

Hi, Chris.

I've been following that development - it's an updated port of an
existing Linux program called WINE that allows you to run Windoze apps
on Linux.  However, at the present it's still very limited - there are
only specific apps that run well, and one of my primary things is the
necessity to run my DeLorme GPS software when we travel, and that
requires usb access for the GPS receiver puck.  I have yet to see anyone
say that combination works with Crossover.

When they get the functionality up, I would definitely consider adding
it to the arsenal, though.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon