[OM] Re: NEW RAW PROCESSING SOFTWARE - SIMPLY AWESOME !!!

Subject: [OM] Re: NEW RAW PROCESSING SOFTWARE - SIMPLY AWESOME !!!
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:48:15 -0700
As for running with Rosetta....

I recently turned my two year old out of warranty Powerbook out into
Apple because of a bizarre intermittent buzzing noise that would
freeze everything. In the past I have had a Mac back within the week
and I called in the third week asking what happened. It seemed they
had repaired it and found another problem and were waiting for a
part. They apologized for the delay and asked me whether I would like
a new one instead of waiting. I said yes. All as a preamble to saying
I am running Photoshop CS2 with Rosetta on the MacBook Pro and it is
just about as fast as it ran natively on the 1Gig PowerBook. So if
you are using a computer that is a few years old I don't  think you
will take  much of a performance hit if you want make the move now.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA