[OM] Re: 85/2 thoughts?

Subject: [OM] Re: 85/2 thoughts?
From: "Bart Wientjes" <bartjew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:18:41 +0200
Michael,

>From my entire collection f Zuikos, the 85/2 is the lens I would never
let go of. Mine is a somewhat shabby F.ZUIKO SC silvernose, with
some shallow markings in the coating on the front lens. I really, really
love it, love the pictures it takes and love taking pictures with it.

I recently acquired a Zuiko 100/2.8 MC. This lens is about the same
size and weight as the 85/2, but adds some to the focal length and
is a stop slower. When shooting indoors, that stop of speed makes
all the difference and I'm not overly impressed with how the pic's
turn out.

Rationally, I think 200 USD for a lens with stuff in it is not a good
deal. I'm totally with Winsor: wait it out if you're not in a hurry.

No offense, but you can be glad that you don't know what you're
missing: If I'd lose my 85/2, I'd immediately buy ANY available
sample as an 'intermediate' replacement, and keep looking out for a
really good one.

Bart