[OM] Re: 85/2 thoughts?

Subject: [OM] Re: 85/2 thoughts?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 17:39:18 -0700
The 85/2 is one of the really nice OM lenses.

I would pass on this lens. Stuff, if fungus, tends to remove the
coating and etch the glass. Plus why take a lens that has been taken
apart and reassembled by someone whose quality of work is unknown.

The move to multicoating sometimes involved improvements to the lens,
not just coatings. If you look at Gary Reese's site the multicoating
85/2 he tested resolved better than the single coating one.

http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm

I would be patient. One will turn up.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA