[OM] Re: Collapsible Lens Hoods Vs Rigid Rubber Vs Metal

Subject: [OM] Re: Collapsible Lens Hoods Vs Rigid Rubber Vs Metal
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 23:00:12 EDT

In a message dated 10/25/2006 6:01:48 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

http://www.2filter.com/prices/products/hoyamulti.html
should protect  the front element from getting banged up.  Even collapsed for
wide angle,  it still is a hood.  And a certain amount of softness ain't all
bad. Just  IMHO

These are probably the best ones I've seen and I can understand why you  hold
your opinion.

Given the choice to have either a collapsible hood or rigid hood on a  lens
when it is going to take a shot while I'm using it, I'll still go with the
rigid hood.  It probably should be revealed that I am a bit compulsive  about
having the dedicated hood on all my lenses. <{8^)  Bill  Barber