[OM] Re: ODYSSEY SUCCESS!!!

Subject: [OM] Re: ODYSSEY SUCCESS!!!
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 02:31:28 +0200
Le mercredi 25 Octobre 2006 02:12, David Bell a écrit :
> It is the same in Scotland which has a legal system with Roman origins
> unlike the English common law system.

This I knew because a couple of years back I had a scottish student on Erasmus
program in my civil law course (I was assistant professor) and she adapted
fairly quicly to our 'Code civil' and became very very good in a short time.
Too bad she had that strong accent, I had enormous difficulties understanding
her spoken french ;-). She was kind enough not to mention my own accent while
I was struggling to bridge the gap in english on my side. She taught me much
of what I know about the building of Scotland laws.

--
Manuel Viet