[OM] Re: ODYSSEY SUCCESS!!!

Subject: [OM] Re: ODYSSEY SUCCESS!!!
From: "David Bell" <david.w.bell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 01:12:29 +0100
It is the same in Scotland which has a legal system with Roman origins
unlike the English common law system.

Generally speaking if you do not have good title to the goods you cannot
give good title to anyone else.

The only exception I am aware of is under the Hire Purchase Act of 1964?
which was continued by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 which allows a
private innocent purchaser to obtain good title of a motor car from
another private individual even although it is still owned by the
finance company. This does not apply to motor dealers, hence the need
for a motor dealer to check the database.

Dave