[OM] Re: 58mm lens hood for Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 macro

Subject: [OM] Re: 58mm lens hood for Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 macro
From: pdmphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 09:16:49 -0700 (PDT)
That might be OK with the S1 for macro. I just got a Lester Dine ring
light which has a 52mm ID and my quick check with a FF digital showed no
vignetting for macro. I don't know if Vivitar made the 90/2.5 S1 filter
ring larger than what it needed to be or perhaps the area required for
macro is significantly less than normal shooting distances.

Paul