[OM] Re: ORF files?

Subject: [OM] Re: ORF files?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:21:42 -0400
ORF is Olympus Raw Format.  Process with the Oly software that came with
the camera or if you have a recent version of PhotoShop use ACR (Adobe
Camera Raw).  I'm not sure where the dividing line is.  I have PhotoShop
7 which doesn't do ACR.  In PhotoShop CS2 ACR is included.  In PhotoShop
CS I think you have to download ACR from Adobe and install it as an add on.

There are also quite a few freebie or low cost raw converters.  Some
folks like Raw Shooter Essentials which is free for the moment until
Adobe (who bought it recently) decides to shut it down.  I can't run it
because my AMD Athlon processor doesn't have some of the instruction set
used by RSE.  I sometimes convert with BreezeBrowser Pro which is my
single most used piece of software but raw conversion is just a sideline
for it.  Heavy duty raw conversion is given to Phase One LE which is USD
99.  It's also Euro 99 so maybe you can get it for Canadian 99 as well.
  I like the workflow with Phase One.  You can get a free 15 day trial
if you look around on the download page. I almost never use the Canon
software or the Minolta software.  I also have a specialized raw
converter just for the A1 made by a (Czech?) guy named Dalibor.  Anyhow,
there's lots of stuff out there for little or no cost.

Chuck Norcutt