[OM] Re: LX-2 redux - new dpreview of the LX-2

Subject: [OM] Re: LX-2 redux - new dpreview of the LX-2
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:59:11 -0700
I was disappointed too and kind of carped on their forum that any
camera with visible noise at base ISO could be rated "Recommended" in
a review. I looked at some of the tests of older 7MP 1/1.8" sensor
cameras and most of them were clear and detailed at base ISO in the
test involving the postage stamp. The base ISO image in the LX2 noise
test was not so nice. It seems to me that reviewers should draw a
line somewhere and say something is not recommended. Otherwise, I
have no doubt that next year we will have a 16MP version in which the
image barely emerges from the background noise.

Hopefully, If Oly continues to use Panasonic sensors, they will seek
their own way with the built in image processor.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA