[OM] [OM][OT]Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Madness

Subject: [OM] [OM][OT]Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Madness
From: "Bob Docherty" <lostkase@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 21:45:55 -0400
 I recall buying my first Murdercycle and thinking," I had better start small".
I bought a friends' Yamaha RD350. As I pushed it up and down the hill in front
of his house to start it as the battery was well past dead, I should have
gotten the clue. When it finally started, I pulled the wheels in first, second,
third and fourth. By then realized this was COOL!
  After deciding, one night after partaking of numerous illicit substances, to
drop it on the road rather than kiss the trees that that were rapidly
approaching at 90mph, I came to the realization that in my mispent youth that I
should find another hobby! Hotdogging it nearly killed me! My older brother
begged to buy the bike after I parked it, to no avail. I had had numerous
narrow escapes from unseeing motorists not realizing I was tooling along at
125mph. Then again, I had harrowing episodes when I was actually traveling at
the posted speed limit.
 I have given myself the permission to buy another of these death wish
machines, after I walk my daughter down the aisle. I prefer to walk rather
than be wheeled. There is no greater thrill than experiencing the melding of
man and machine than experienced riding a bike.
 Fortunately, I believe that I've learned that responsible riding is foremost
in truly enjoying the experience. I'll never trust a motorist though! I know
I'll always be the invisible man while riding one. The photographic
possibilities way heavily upon me. I find myself thinkingt it would carry me
places and permit stopping at will.
 "I don't want a pickle, I just want to ride my motor...sickle!"

Bob