[OM] Re: Question about EV compensation of flash

Subject: [OM] Re: Question about EV compensation of flash
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 21:37:18 -0400
It certainly won't with the T-32.  The flash is too fast for the shutter
speed to have any effect since you can't use a shutter speed faster than
1/60th.  Flash compensation is controlled by changing the duration of
the flash.  For example; the flash might fire for 1/5,000 second instead
of 1/10,000 and thus double the light output or increase by one stop.

What the F280 does I don't know.  There's no reason why it couldn't
change the shutter speed.  But my guess is that would make it too
complicated.  It probably behaves the same as the other flash units with
respect to compensation.

Chuck Norcutt