[OM] Re: Super Tak 50mm F1.4 vs Zuiko 50mm F1.4

Subject: [OM] Re: Super Tak 50mm F1.4 vs Zuiko 50mm F1.4
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 22:41:06 -0400
I'm thinking the word "reputed" is well used in this context.

In my admittedly limited experience, a number of older lenses that
have Big Reputations earned them when competition was apparently not
as strong.

That said, I found the Xenotars on Rollei TLRs underrated though they
flare terribly.

I'm looking forward to Ali's tests of the centers of these lenses.  ;o)

ScottGee1

On 10/5/06, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

SNIP!
> The Takumar 50/1.4 Super-Multi-Coated, with the words spelled out in
> full, is reputed to be one of the finest normal lenses ever made for
> SLRs. The next, version, with the abbreviation "SMC", is more
> controversial. with some saying it started the decline. It's more
> generally agreed that cost considerations led to a decline in quality
> after that. I don't know about anything before the Super-Multi-Coated
> version.
SNIP!