[OM] Re: pictures, imposters near misses and car adverts

Subject: [OM] Re: pictures, imposters near misses and car adverts
From: "Marc Lawrence" <MLawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 11:03:05 +1000
> AG Schnozz wrote:
> What a ripoff. The speedometer in my A4 only goes up to 260kph
> and your's is 310kph.  Not that I've ever gotten close... ;)
> Let's just say that the car is still able outpace common-sense.
> But then, what does common-sense have anything to do with it?

[...]

The suspension on my car will automatically lower the suspension on
it a further 11mm below its lowest setting at speeds above 210km/h
(it tops out at 242km/h). Of course, while this is theoretically
interesting and somewhat tempting to verify on some Northern
Territory roads, I'm not sure I'd like to confirm the vehicles
handling characteristics and the abilities of "PASM" in a
vehicle weighing 2.2tonnes, in light of its high height even
at its lowest low.

I do recall that the Turbo version of mine was chewing through
something like 69litres of fuel per 100km at 260km/h in a mag's
Northern Territory test (I think that works out to 3.4mi/US gal.?),
which, in the long-distances of the Northern Territory, will be
lucky to get you to the corner store without a long-range fuel
tank or jerry-cans handy.

Cheers,
Marc (with 'Common-sense tank' showing 'Empty')
Sydney, Oz