[OM] Re: Super Tak 50mm F1.4 vs Zuiko 50mm F1.4

Subject: [OM] Re: Super Tak 50mm F1.4 vs Zuiko 50mm F1.4
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 16:45:38 -0500

> Since the Pentax K bayonet mount was announced in 1958 your screw mount
> Takumar could be pretty old.  I would hope that 20 years of lens and
> coating developments were worth something.
Can't be possible. It was early 1970 when I traded my Spotmatic on a Nikon
F, as I was fed up with the screw mount/stop down business.

I'd believe 1978.

I'll bet the Super Takumar is better. I believe the Super means better
coatings. The 50/1.4 was frequently the lens that got a lot of attention
from the designers, but that idea somehow passed the Olympus lens designers
by. Frankly, I'm glad that they spent their money elsewhere.

Bill Pearce