[OM] Re: digital/film comparisons

Subject: [OM] Re: digital/film comparisons
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 14:04:38 -0400
I've never seen Clark's stuff before and it will take a while to digest.
  However, the comparison on Luminous Landscape was to Provia 100F and
not Velvia.  According to Clarks graphs the Provia has luminosity
resolution up to 12MP but the color information is only good to 7MP.  I
don't know what Clark's test equipment is but, as we've already seen in
Moose's tests of the 5D and 300D all pixels are not created equal.  The
D30 has very big pixels.

In any case, regardless of the theory, I (personally) didn't see enough
difference to worry about.  That's my bottom line.

Chuck Norcutt