[OM] Re: A new arrival ...

Subject: [OM] Re: A new arrival ...
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 23:24:16 +0100
* On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 06:02:36PM -0400, Chuck Norcutt said:
> I meant it would have been a great shot if it had been a little sharper.
>     I do like the composition a lot. It's also possible that it's not
> focus but a little motion blur.  The rapid loss of sharpness due to
> depth of field effects is fine but the eyes, nose, mouth and whiskers
> should be critically sharp and they are not.

Thanks for the feedback here, and I do agree with you completely.  I think
it probably was as much motion blur as anything else, I was down around
1/30th at this point.  The depth of field wasn't really an intenional
desire to be perfectly honest.  While I usually like it shallow, here it
was because of the light.

Had it been a bit brighter I'd have had it a stop or two higher,  but sadly
this wasn't to be.

And yes, I find it hard to look at after a while myself. :)

p.
--
   |\      _,,,---,,_        "Bother!" said Pooh, as he drank
   /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_      his fifth Pan Galactic Gargle