[OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants

Subject: [OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 08:58:45 -0700
I think you are being fooled by differences in the scale of the images
(the film image is larger and framed more tightly), the change in
lighting, and the contrast of the images(the dark glass in the
background buildings is black in the film shot). All those
inconsistencies in taking the comparison pictures contribute to the
relative flatness of the digital image.  Reichmann was primarily
talking about resolution of details in a modestly sized print. To use
his test for something else is probably a mistake.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA