[OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants

Subject: [OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 10:58:00 -0400

AG Schnozz wrote:

Sorry, the only one I hear these complaints from is you.  Here's the 3MP
D30 vs a high quality Imacon 3200 dpi scan of a Provia shot.  Both look
fine to me and pretty much equivalent.  What small differences I see are
of the same type that I might relate to a different type of film.
<http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/d30/d30_vs_film.shtml>

I think your "positional" argument for film doesn't hold water.  Things
on film are positioned no more accurately than the size of the film
grains which are actually pretty large.  The analog nature of film
begins to break down right there.

Chuck Norcutt