[OM] Re: low-lighting vs selective lighting

Subject: [OM] Re: low-lighting vs selective lighting
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 21:06:22 -0700
AllanDan wrote:
> Digital noise is due to sensor heat <i>and</i> optics.
As Chuck Suggests. it's probably more than just that and probably gets
into arcana of chip physics.
> I didn't think it important to make the distinction because I was merely
> offering a work around based on my experience.

I absolutely agree. The nature of the problem and how to deal with it
are more important than the cause.

I was just taken with images of stray charges running 'downhill' from
full to empty areas on a chip (sort of like images of flowing lava) and
of rogue light sneaking over where it wasn't supposed to be, just to
make trouble. Probably the teenage photons that do it. :-)

Moose