[OM] Re: The plan emerges

Subject: [OM] Re: The plan emerges
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 02:06:40 +0800
On 01/10/06, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I had an in-depth discussion with the C(D)FO of my little
> photographic interprise. We discussed the situation with the
> stock photography and other issues with my current gear.
>
> Our plans and expectations are:
>
> 1. Wait till PMA to purchase a new camera, unless something
> cheep and relatively decent is on the market for the Christmas
> Season.

that's not a bad move at all.

2. Shoot film for anything destined for Stock and large-scale
> prints. As a result of this, I immediately pulled the IS-3 off
> the shelf and placed it and a couple rolls of Fujichrome in the
> bag. (The OM-2S has B&W loaded in it).

3. Sell off the Minolta A1 as soon as another camera with
> liveview (and adequate pixel-count) is available.
>
> 4. If we stay with Olympus, the E-1 will be kept around. If not,
> it's sold too.
>
> 5. The OM-2S and IS-3 will stay active till digital is capable
> of 100%of my photographic needs and desires.
>
> 6. Keep a close eye on the Pentax 645 Digital. The investment
> will be high, but it'll be as long-term of a committment to a
> system as my 20-year committment to Olympus has been.
>
> We discussed Khen's predictions for the product announcements at
> PMA.  If 20% of his predictions come true, then I'll most likely
> be quite satisfied. If not, and if Olympus tanks on us one more
> time, I will have considered it a nice run, but will move on.

OK AG, I have a suggestion but I've not discussed this at all with Shinju-ku
and I'm here to try to help all of you. Why not petition a collective mail
response and I'll send it direct to them. Just PLEASE don't mention my
name.Keep your points clear and avoid strong worded judgements. I'll
do my best
for you. I truly feel for you and your predicaments and I am hoping you will
stay with us at Olympus. So I'm offering this to you and I'll help the best
way I can.

AG

> http://mail.yahoo.com

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com