[OM] Re: Some pictures...

Subject: [OM] Re: Some pictures...
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 13:04:48 +0200
Le dimanche 01 Octobre 2006 11:28, Moose a écrit :
> Manuel Viet wrote:
> > I don't do much portraits, so I was pleased to see those two coming out
> > the way I intended them to be (mostly).
>
> The bar of shadow across the face in M2 is technically unfortunate and
> the busy dress in the background distracts the eye, but only a little
> because of the strength of the expression on her face. I would try
> toning down the background and bringing up the bar shadow a bit. All
> technical nits picked on a very strong portrait.

She's the reason why I wrote "mostly" ; in fact I was a bit disappointed by
the shadow and the mother's dress in the background, while at the same time I
was happy of the expression. All in all, I think the qualities sort of
overcome the defects in my eyes, but I'm not the better judge here.

> Enora also captures a wonderful expression and body language. Picking
> another nit, I would try easing the shadows in the eyes and corners of
> the mouth a bit.

That's a bit too much of USM. Those pictures are for me sketches of what I
want to do under a conventional enlarger - but I sensed potential in them, so
I posted them as is.

Thank you for your comments,

--
Manuel Viet