[OM] Re: Totally OT. Old rockers still rock

Subject: [OM] Re: Totally OT. Old rockers still rock
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 13:36:42 -0400
Seger is from this area (Motown Metro) and I remember when he used to
play high school dances.  After college I met him at a friend's house
in Ann Arbor.  Nicolette Larson (the singer) was there as well, and I
seem to recall an impromptu jam session evolved.

Another friend of mine played keyboards at various times with Seger
and Nugent.  Oddly enough, he liked Ted a lot more.  And Ted lived in
my neighborhood (Rosedale Park) and was (in)famous for putting lighter
fluid on his slot car track and running the cars through the fire.

While he was working on the final mix of the new album, Bob spent
about an hour on air with the morning talkers of the big rock station
to play a couple cuts and supposedly promote it.  He was more
interested in talking about sports and didn't even mention the album
unless asked a direct question about it.  He also said he was busy
being a full-time parent during his recent hiatus.

ScottGee1
(feeling more like an old fart than usual . . . )