[OM] Re: Tokina/Kiron/Zuiko 28mm test, was: Vivitar/Kiron 28/2 questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Tokina/Kiron/Zuiko 28mm test, was: Vivitar/Kiron 28/2 questions
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 23:08:23 -0700
I think it is more involved than just field curvature. I posted this
link quite awhile ago
http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests/15mm_2/sigma1224vnikon15f.html

Initial testing made the N*kon 15/3.5 look pretty poor on the C*non.
By changing to a thicker adapter, the N*kon was found to do very well.
Probably any lens which has a close focusing group that moves
separately form the other elements could be very sensitive to the
register distance.

The four OM adapters that I've tried on my 5D seem to be very close to
the same thickness but I'm seeing some repeatability problems. I've
mounted a couple lenses that seem to have had infinity focus way off
but when I come back a couple days later to test/compare I'm not
seeing the origninal problem.

For what it's worth the cheap $20 chinese adapter (using an easily
visible screw to stop down the lens) and the cameraquest adapter seem
to have very similar thickness. The mid-priced adapter I got from
Martin Cheung(?) is junk. The lens rocks back and forth on the mount.
A recent adapter advertised as a high quality Japanese adapter ($86)
appears to be assembled wrong preventing the lens from mounting
correctly but seems to be very close to the thickness of the $20
adapter & the cameraquest adapter. The cameraquest adapter was loaned
to me recently by Mike. I've only had it available to me for the last
24 hours so I need to do some more testing.

-jeff