[OM] Re: Zuiko 35-80mm f2.8

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 35-80mm f2.8
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 13:38:30 -0400
I bought my C@non 70~200 f/2.8 from the agent that services and sells
used gear for the L.A. Times.  It has a lot of cosmetic wear and the
front element has scratches and marks.  Doesn't prevent it from making
very fine pix even wide open.

In my experience, rear element damage seems to make more impact on
images, especially wide angles.  In fact, when I first looked at the
pic Graham provided, I thought it was the *rear* element.  Can't
recall another lens that has screws up front like that.

In any case, I'd prefer to own a lens with some scratches than one with haze.

Sorry I can't help with value.  Your best bet is to find someone who
has enough experience to know it won't affect pix and is willing to
pay a price with which you're comfortable.  Now where could you
advertise to a crowd of knowledgeable OM users . . . ?

;o)

ScottGee1