[OM] Re: Vivitar/Kiron 28/2 questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Vivitar/Kiron 28/2 questions
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 06:33:16 -0400
Sounds to me like you have a lens with some impact damage.  I've never
seen a Vivitar 28/2 but I have a Kiron 28/2 that appears to be new or
close to it.  A gift from a friend with no OM mount camera.  I've never
used it since it has a very sluggish diaphragm.  Probably grease from
the helical.  Mechanically, it's as solid and precise (maybe even more
so) as any Zuiko I own.  Absolutely no play in the helical.

I'll throw it on the 5D later and test a few aperture settings against
my silver nose Zuiko 28/2.8.  I haven't used the Zuiko 28 in years and
don't recall how it performs but I'll be surprised if the Kiron doesn't
win.  Guess I ought to throw the Tokina 28-80 at 28 in there too just
for comparison's sake.

Chuck Norcutt