[OM] Re: What OM lenses do you use on your E body - what for & how of

Subject: [OM] Re: What OM lenses do you use on your E body - what for & how often?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 18:01:54 -0700
Daniel Sepke wrote:
> Moose,
>
> Thanks for the reminder about the Cameraquest Minolta adapter. I have
> considered it but I am envisioning using the lens on my OM's more than the
> E-1 given the focal length factor.
Yeah, I think much of the whole point will be lost on 4/3, with most the
effect off the sensor, but thought you might as well know about it.
> If the adapter turned up cheaper than
> Stephen's price I will snag one. So far though I don't think the copyists
> have got to this particular design yet. Regarding the modification though
> the mount on Minolta lenses is quite easy to remove and like the Nikkor
> shift has a spacer ring between it and the rest of the lens. This should
> allow me to replace it with a modified ring with an OM bayonet on it. I will
> have to remove a couple of the rings that couple the aperture mechanisms but
> these shouldn't involve machining or be permanent.

I never knew about these lenses, and think it's a wonderful idea. I've
even thought in the past of finding out the direction of field curvature
in some regular lenses and documenting it, so I could choose an
appropriate lens based on it's curvature. The VFC lens is far more
practical, I think, but pretty expensive.

A Macro with VFC could be really interesting.

I'd love to see what it does for you.
> Now back to my cold...

Ick!

Moose