[OM] Re: Semi-OT Battery Rant

Subject: [OM] Re: Semi-OT Battery Rant
From: "Marc Lawrence" <MLawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 09:53:18 +1000
> ScottGee1 wrote:
> Wildlife films are amongst my favorites because I enjoy learning about
> the 'natural world' AND admire the work of the cinematographers.
> Their combined abilities in photography and biology/zoology humble me.
> The concocted 'drama' of feature films pales by comparison.

Me too! Mine began with David Attenborough's 'Life on Earth' (I'm
still looking forward to Andrew's Shark Bay photos). I'd give
lefty for a complete box set of all the series and specials
of his, but the workaholic mongrel keeps adding to the pile,
so I might just have to be buying them one at a time.

Steve Irwin may have brought passion & enthusiasm to the subject,
and kudos to him for it, but for me David has brought beauty
and appreciation to the small screen (making that small screen
seem so much bigger than its physical size). Those cinematographers
are incredible with the involving and awe-inspiring images they
bring into the loungeroom.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz