[OM] Re: Semi-OT Battery Rant

Subject: [OM] Re: Semi-OT Battery Rant
From: "Marc Lawrence" <MLawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 17:56:32 +1000
> My 5 year Subaru battery was in my WRX. They must have fixed it.

...which is why I've always liked Subaru - they seem to respond
well to feedback, and you see changes and enhancements addressed
with each model (though a tendency to upgrade things like power,
wheels, interior, breaks and such here, without increasing price,
is not always good for resale values). Of course, it could have
been an Ausralia-Pacific thing, as who knows where they whittled
away to achieve their bang-for-buck brilliance. The battery thing
was a relative minor annoyance in otherwise loveable cars (well,
except for the first's tendency to catch rocks between the disk
brakes and the disk brake guard(?), which made an unholy racket like
a gargoyle's claws scraping down the devil's blackboard - by
coincidence I just scanned an old photo last night of me crawling
under the car on a dirt road, levering out our first such screamer).

Did you/do you like your WRX? Did you/do you take photos of your
cars (probably my second most photographed subject after the
dogs :-) ).

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz