[OM] Re: Olympus 11-22mm / f2.8-3.5 digital zoom

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus 11-22mm / f2.8-3.5 digital zoom
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:08:41 -0700
Sounds like you were watching some of the virtual tours I've seen. The
ultrawide effects can be very disorienting. I've seen some list members post
very good outdoor shots with ultrawides but I don't think I've taken any
that I like outside that were wider than about 21mm eqivalent FOV.

For inside a house the 7-14 on the E-camera is awesome.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>

 > My impression is that it performs better than the 7-14 ...

My brief exposure to the 7-14 was an interesting experience. I'd
crank it in and out, as well as racking the focus back and
forth.  The aspherical elements really add a wierdness because
you'll see the forground moving backwards while the edges are
moving towards you and vis-versa.

Not owning either lens, I'm pretty much leaning towards the
11-22 as it would fit my "lifestyle" a little better. I'm
terrified that the big protruding lens element won't last a
month in my hands.

AG