[OM] Re: Missing digital ideas

Subject: [OM] Re: Missing digital ideas
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 05:39:39 -0400
I don't sell anything but bare prints so I always print right to the
edge of the frame but try to crop such that the photo would look good
with or without its outer 1/4" being covered over.  If it's going to be
matted I expect the mat to provide the border.  Otherwise you have to
accept that the border is always white unless you print the border a
different color.

While fairly rare I've also been known to clone-in missing areas in
order to make a crop fit a specific print aspect ratio.

Chuck Norcutt