[OM] Re: Bag recommendation

Subject: [OM] Re: Bag recommendation
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:40:25 -0700
I have given this bag issue a lot of thought as I don't have a good bag
right now.  I think I basically need one large bag which can hold most of my
stuff for storage, but not necessarily to bring out into the field or take
with me when traveling, except to keep in the car.  I think I should buy
separate lens cases, similar to those LowePro has, something that just fits
the camera (LowePro again), and perhaps a utility case (you guessed it,
LowePro) to take with me.  The idea would be to be able to stuff this in my
worn  but trusty backpack I used while still attending classes and teaching.
By doing it this way I have convinced myself that I will be able to protect
my equipment sufficiently and at the same time I would not look as one of
these guys carrying too much photo gear.  Have not purchased any of this
stuff yet (still bidding on e*ay...).  And this could also be carried on a
belt when hiking.