[OM] Re: Press Release on Kodak Sensor in M8

Subject: [OM] Re: Press Release on Kodak Sensor in M8
From: keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 01:37:59 -0700
AllanDan wrote:
> I'm unable to follow the logic Leica uses to charge premium prices for
> it's equipment at this late date. In its mechanical days, it touted its
> mechanical excellence and fine glass, but today most, if not all, of its
> electronics and glass come from Japan. Will we every see a Leica box
> printed "Made in Japan"
>
> Allan

I'm with you, Allen, but...after so many years and years of Leica charging
those prices, what do you think the perception of their buyers, or potential
buyers, would be if they reduced their prices in accordance with other fine
camera manufacturers pricing structure?
What if, say, instead of $4000 for a R.F. body, they decided to reprice it to
$1995? Still more than a bit pricey, but what would happen to their customers?

It boggles the mind...

keith whaley