[OM] Re: E-series Trigger Voltage

Subject: [OM] Re: E-series Trigger Voltage
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:24:53 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Barf!  I don't believe it.  Canyon pulled that trick on the 10D and were
> resoundingly beaten into the ground by users.  They learned their lesson
> and the 20D onward have been good to 250 volts.  Doesn't Oly pay
> attention to what's going on around them?

No.

NIH and navel gazing trump measuring and evaluating buyer/user
needs/desires, let alone the horror of sullying the Perfect Vision
already in existence.

There may even be a bit of a reverse going on. If C does it, it must be
the Devil's work and should be avoided at all cost.

I suspect some of the people involved in these decisions can't even
imagine anyone wanting to use anything other than the perfect Oly
flashes with their cameras. It's just an idea that wouldn't come into
their heads.

Moose, heading in the other direction from his recent posts, just to
stay supple and balanced. :-)