[OM] Re: E-400 on dpreview

Subject: [OM] Re: E-400 on dpreview
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:07:16 +0100
On 15/09/06, Komtanoo Pinpimai <romerun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's possible that PCMCIA is going to fade soon, at least my new laptop
> inspiron e1405 doesn't have it, but Express Card instead.

As does my (entry level) Dell Inspiron 1300, which I've had since Feb.
 Actually, I was a bit caught out by this, as I'd expected to use my
cardbus CF reader in it.  Then again, my cheap & cheerful (5UKP) PNY
USB2 CF reader gets 9MB/s from an Integral I-pro(100x) and 7 from a
SanDisk Ultra2 (er, so why do some camera makers find it so hard to
get good transfer rates from their cameras?).

I looked around at the time and there were *very* few Express Cards on
the market, and CF readers were*way* more expensive than CardBus ones.

I'll stick with the USB2 reader for now.