[OM] Re: Full-Frame Transfer CCD as opposed to Interlaced

Subject: [OM] Re: Full-Frame Transfer CCD as opposed to Interlaced
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:48:26 -0700
I am not sure it makes that much of a difference. CMOS sensors which
are used by Canon have smaller pixel sites than CCD generally. Yet
Canon seems to win the low noise sweep stakes in DSLRs. More
important seems to be processing of the image when it is being
transformed from the raw data to an image that is usable. Fuji with
their digicam seem to use clever processing too, although they claim
that their diagonal structure enables a larger hexagonal sensing area
for each CCD pixel.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA