[OM] Re: megapixel capacity of the E-3

Subject: [OM] Re: megapixel capacity of the E-3
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:44:39 -0700 (PDT)
> sensor. None of them have a Kodak sensor. There are surprises
> in there. I hope they make the right choice; the one I have
> in mind because that sensor will produce absolutely stunning
> natural colours.

Ok, the "stunning natural colours" would be a characteristic of
a Kodak or Dalsa sensor, but it seems apparant that the Kodak
connection is DEAD DEAD DEAD!  So, who else has "stunning
natural colours"?  Fuji.  Hmmm.  That'd be nice.  I could live
with that.  Give me another three-stops of dynamic range too? :)

But I'm going to speculate for a second and get my own almonds
in a vice and say that it could be a Canon CMOS sensor.  Why do
I say that?  I'm making a guess that there was a "technology
trade agreement" with the dust-shaker.  It seems unlikely,
though, as Canon generally "goes it alone" with everything
they've done in the photographic world.  A Canon CMOS sensor
would take care of any arguments against 4/3 as being "noisy".

But, in the end, it wouldn't suprise me if they bought some
oddball sensor from "Wang's House of Overruns and Sweepers".

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com