[OM] Re: Incident vs reflected, was olympus Digest V3 #236

Subject: [OM] Re: Incident vs reflected, was olympus Digest V3 #236
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 06:13:22 +0100
You're a charming fellow, and no mistake, Moose ;-).

But I don't feel I have been misled.  I now accept that I was wrong
to pooh-pooh the E-500's instruction manual, but your Kodak guide
puts it all into perspective.  It is easiest to point it at the
camera, provided the acceptance angle of the dome is suitable, but
it's important to realise that it's the light source you are
measuring and how it has illuminated the subject.  In my case, it has
not been possible to point the meter at the camera from the subject
and I have measured the light source, a sunlit sky.

And thanks to everyone for their heartfelt guidance and advice.  As
has been written here many times before, this is what the List is about.

I shall definitely be taking my RF645 and meter on my holiday to
Brittany this week (provided that my father-in-law is not very poorly
as he has been over the last few days).

Chris