[OM] Re: Incident vs reflected, was olympus Digest V3 #236

Subject: [OM] Re: Incident vs reflected, was olympus Digest V3 #236
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 15:06:01 +0000
"The Hand Exposure Meter Book," by Martin S. Silverman, Jim Zuckerman, and Bob
shell, published by the Photo Books Division, Mamiya American Corporation,
which came as a freebie with my Sekonic L-718 meter, on pg. 10, under the
heading "Taking an Incident Measurement" says:

"Incident measurements are mainly taken from the subjet position, with the
white hemispheric diffuser 'dome' of the meter facing the camera lens. The
hemispheric diffuser simulates the effect of light on three-dimensional
objects. The round shape of the dome allows light to fall on and around it.
When properly positioned in front of the subject, with the dome facing the
camera lens, you can note tht the balance and character of highlight and shadow
falling on the subject is recreated on the dome itself."

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --