[OM] Re: Published!

Subject: [OM] Re: Published!
From: "Christos Stavrou" <christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 13:03:45 +0100
Oh, no problem, thanks for mentioning :)
It's well known that there is alot of alienating jargon in academic
discourse. I could try to simplify, and anyway, sorry if it requires
some effort from the reader, but that's not a reason for hostility,
isn't it?.....

By the way, if tomorrow I go to the doctor and he tells me that the
latest research or theory goes against my ideas, habbits and
long-standing convictions.. (and even smiles ironically because all
these convictions were scientifically induced).. I may agree or
disagree and contest or ask more about the arguments, but should I
think that he's offending me?... Of course no :)

Maybe most people are just not used to the exposition of our social
history as contested rationalisations, contradictions, power relations
and manufuctured 'truths'..  It's nothing personal of course.. I'm
afraid, however, we all in this world need to start question our taken
for granted beliefs, (especially if they're full of holes and even
relate to our existance!).. The age of naive innocence is gone...

Thanks Robert,
C.S.