[OM] Re: Published!

Subject: [OM] Re: Published!
From: "Christos Stavrou" <christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 00:20:43 +0100
Please don't call my analysis ''philosophical manipulation''...
I think you've done this before and sorry but can't overlook it again :-)

In fact, shouldn't you actually appreciate.. even slightly.. that my
thoughts introduce some of the mainstream and bloody interesting
debates in academic circles and sociological departments?..

We all learn by re-examining our assumptions, don't we?.. And it seems
that you usually ask scientists' advise, so why such reaction now?..

Ok, I understand that many academic theories sound too challenging,
things tend to change fast, old common-sense is suddenly demolished
and replaced.. but  there's nothing personal, nothing to fear, when
for example I offer criticisms to established but weak -as i explain-
ways of thinking, such as the label 'mother nature', or the self-given
'right' of intervention, or the 'progressive' as claimed human motives
in managing nature ..

It could be a new light to see things. You could offer back specific
counter-arguments. However, whether anyone here likes to join critical
thinking or not ... at least, there is nothing manipulative or 'too
philosophical' to complain about.

C.S.