[OM] Re: Moose

Subject: [OM] Re: Moose
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:48:35 -0700
Candace Lemarr wrote:
> Hey Moose,
>     I feel badly that I've not commented about your "playing" with my
> images. (doesn't that sound just a tad personal, LOL?)

No hurry, no need if you don't feel like it. having one's images messed
with can indeed feel personal, sometimes too personal for some people.
I'm pleased when folks appreciate and enjoy my little suggestions about
how their images could look. Short of that, I'm just happy I haven't
pissed anybody off to the point of getting flamed.

I'm sort of an evangelist, having seen the light and wanting to share it
with others. When I got my first film scanner, I noodled around for a
while, learning how it worked. Then I went and scanned a couple of
images from before. The scanner came with PhotoShop 4LE, and I played
around with that, too.

Then something magic happened; I started playing around with a picture I
had thought would just wonderful when I took it that came out just blah
in the print. As I learned, the image I had seen on Cortez Island
started to look more and more like the scene I remembered. That first
effort was pretty bad when I looked back on it later. I've since redone
it and may do so again, as the tools available and my skills improve.

So for now, one of the things I do is to encourage others to see the
additional beauty hidden in their images, in the hope of giving them
impetus to learn to find it for themselves. Sometimes I'm motivated by
someone's complaint about their image, or other's comments about it
shortcomings, sometimes simply by the urge to pull out the special
qualities I seem to see hidden in a posted image.
> I really wanted to
> find time to post the originals for you so you could see what the Monument
> looked like *before* I made my adjustments. The images you played around
> with were already edited by me, and I wanted to show you my before and
> afters, and let you have a hand at the originals.
That could be interesting...
> I'd still like to do that,
> if you don't mind. Don't expect it to be soon, however, as we have company
> coming tonight for 4-5 days.
>     I do always enjoy your before and afters :-)

Thanks!

Moose