[OM] Re: Next E-x?

Subject: [OM] Re: Next E-x?
From: "David Irisarri" <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:30:43 +0200
Dear Khen Lim,

I have been reading all your answers and I must confess I am a little bit
surprised about a new forthcoming new E-x pro series DSLR under 10 Mpixel.
According to your answer it seems Olympus has found a new way of reducing noise
to minimum (FUJI NEW CCD SENSORS???), otherwise it doesn´t make sense a DZ with
outstanding resolution with a poor sensor like KAF-5101E. I have worked with
Olympus E-1 since it appeared some years back in the market and I use it mostly
for Photoshop arena. 5 Mpixels is not enough for working under PS and if
Olympus takes a new E-x series pro DSLR with eight Mpixel after so many years
it will be a complete disaster. I know this new system gives you better quality
than analog lenses with digital bodies but Mpixels are required for working.
Despite of interpolating algorithms have been improved so much, I prefer native
resolution.

I am a MFT user and many PRO photographers from this group need more Mpixel,
otherwise they won´t be able to sell their images to agencies. There is a rumor
that Olympus will take an E-5 and E-3 cameras at the same time and taking into
account that Olympus have waited so much time to take out a new DSLR, I think
it´s a solid argument for taking this seriously.
So, tell something else ;-)
I am pretty sure Panasonic couldn´t have manufactured a new sensor for the new
E-x series. FUJI??? Please, come on... IMHO this would be the best choice. No
other manufacturer makes CCDs better than FUJI. Olympus loves colour rendition
and CMOS technology cannot give better colour rendition so if Olympus is going
to use CCD, I am pretty sure it will be FUJI... or maybe something similar to
new SIGMA camera????? If Olympus takes out something to discard demosaithing
algorithms and bayer pattern then 8 Mpixel will be enough... ;-)

http://www.sigma-sd14.com

Also that the long awaited multi-spot metering from the lovely OM4T (my lady in
black ;-)) will be included in this new DSL?
Maybe something new according to simulating colour film (VELVIA, EKTACHROME,
etc...)
More TTL-autofocus points... please, come on...

Regards,

Dave

Thank you very much for your comments...

DAVID IRISARRI VILA
DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHER & DESIGNER
SOME SAMPLES AT MFT ( DIGITAL REFLEX FOURTHIRDS SYSTEM )

http://www.myfourthirds.com/user.php?id=218&page=user_images