[OM] Sports Photography

Subject: [OM] Sports Photography
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:17:18 -0700 (PDT)
Last week I went to the Buffalo Bill's training camp
which took place in the evening. I started shooting
while there was still daylight outside. As the light
faded and the night sky took over...I couldnt help but
try to push my ISO up even with the bright lights in
the stadium. I used the ZD 50-200 for these photos. I
came back with a few decent photos but most of them
were out of focus....probably due to slow shutter
speeds and having to contend with shooting through
people along the fences. What can a person do when the
night sky takes over? How does a pro photog handle
these situations? At one point the on field photog was
standing in front of me....of course he was on the
field and I was behind the fence. When I fired the
shutter he quickly turned and I could see a little
surprise when he saw that lens sticking out.

Thanks.

- Ali

http://mail.yahoo.com