[OM] Re: Next E-x?

Subject: [OM] Re: Next E-x?
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 02:46:14 +0800
Eeeerh.....spectacular? yes.....cheap? no, Winsor, they won't be cheap.
On a slightly brighter side, base-reference zoom lenses are on their way.
Soon.
10MP Sony A-100 won't be too much of a problem eventually as sales will
level out in Q1 2007. Right now, yes, because when the A-100 was launched,
no prime competitor was launching. Sales figures spiked unrealistically for
June-July figures especially in Japan (courtesy of figures from Ali ~
thanks) but they will subside. Remember, Canon just released the Rebel XTi
(still don't like it, anyway) and Nikon, the D80. Both came AFTER the A-100
but still to early to register any big sales figures yet.
By very late this year, the A-100 will begin to be hit big. That's when you
see the E-3.

K.

On 30/08/06, Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Nope, but if next year it better be spectacular and cheap. The 10MP
> Sony A-1 is biting hugely into Olympus sales.
>

> Winsor
> Long Beach, California, USA
>

> On Aug 29, 2006, at 10:05 AM, Nils Frohberg wrote:
>
> > while  hunting for  DSLRs (ugh,  that 350D  lies bad  in the
> > hand), the
> > salesperson told me  that Olympus officially said that we  would
> > see the
> > new E-x  next year. The reason for  the long delay being  that when
> > they
> > bring out a new model, they want it to be innovative, new. Sounds
> > good!
> >
> > Anybody know some more about this?

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx