[OM] Re: Fl-50 battery question

Subject: [OM] Re: Fl-50 battery question
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 09:20:51 -0500
Candace Lemarr wrote:
> Hi guys! :-)
>     I have a friend who's in the medical field. There is some type of
> equipment she uses every day that everytime she uses requires her to put in
> fresh batteries. The batteries get only one use, so she thought she'd help
> me out and give them to me :-).  I've not seen these batteries before and
> was wondering if anyone here had, and if you knew if the would be compatible
> with the FL-50, or if the voltage is too much. They are AA Duracell Procell
> batteries, and the only identifying numbers I can find on them is this:
> PC1500 1.5V. Also in another area on the battery after their address it says
> this: ON L4Z 4C5. They are not listed as a battery that can be used in the
> manual. However, they are also not listed as a battery not to use. Anyone
> know or know a link where I can find out?
>     Thank you in advance, and Happy Weekend everyone! :-)
>     Candace

To the best of my knowledge, ProCells are simply ruggedized alkalines
sold at a premium.  My experience with them is in wireless microphone
bodypacks, and they do have a longer life.  However, they're
electrically the same as AmateurCell alkaline AA's.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon