[OM] Re: Oly market share

Subject: [OM] Re: Oly market share
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 23:05:21 -0500
On 8/25/06, Bill Pearce <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I, too, noted this story, linked from some website. As I have repeatedly
> said, I don't think Olympus will survive the wars, without herculean effort.

My perception is that there is no war from Olympus' point of view,
nothing that must be done, and no rival that must be beat.  They
simply play to their own schedule and make enough money to keep the
company going until they are ready with the next thing they want to
bring out.

They lost the SLR wars, didn't they?  Did they lose money on OM?
Doesn't seem like it.  Taking a beating on the E-system?  Doesn't seem
like ti.

Olympus doesn't succeed at being Canaan, but they seem to succeed at
being Olympus.  If Olympus were going to die, they would have been
dead a long time ago.  Different drummer kind of company.  They got
off the treadmill a while back.

Then again I could be wrong.

Joel W.