[OM] Re: new models?

Subject: [OM] Re: new models?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:43:53 -0700
Candace Lemarr wrote:
> OK, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but....if OLY already has a
> real time image on the 330, then why wouldn't image stabilization be an
> option for them with future digital E series cameras?
>
> Please use language I can understand...i.e., 3 year old language, LOL ;-))

I'll try. The real time image you see on the LCD in A mode comes from a
separate small sensor behind a partially silvered mirror in the
viewfinder, not from the actual picture taking sensor, which is behind
both the mirror and shutter.

In B mode, the main sensor is working as a live view sensor. However,
when you take a picture, the shutter closes, the sensor resets, the
shutter operates at the selected shutter speed, an image is captured,
and the shutter opens again with the sensor in live view mode.

It's pretty clear that the sensor isn't capable of simply grabbing one
of the live view frames as they go by. There are some tech reasons I
understand, and some I don't, but lets just leave it that the current
sensor can't do what is needed.

Moose